This qualification reflects the role of individuals who work in a senior operational or team leading role in the health industry.
This program is aimed at people who will:
- Administer and coordinate services in an administration capacity within the health sector to support client care.
- Address customer needs and coordinate business resources.
- Operate within health administration data bases/technology to perform ad-hoc tasks.
- Work in a senior operational or team leading role in the health industry.
Are you ready to begin a great career and support health businesses provide their services? By completing a nationally accredited Certificate in Health Administration; you gain entry to work in this growing sector as an administrator within Health based businesses and service providers. With Government funding now available for study (subject to eligibility); there has never been a better time!
This qualification has been superseded (replaced) by HLT47321 – Certificate IV in Health Administration (https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/HLT47321).
A transition period applies to enable current Students to complete their study. All final assessments for this qualification must be submitted to InterCare Training by COB on 16 October 2023 for qualifications to be issued by 21 November 2023. No extension can be granted as this qualification cannot be issued after 21 November 2023.
Current & Previous Students have also enrolled into the following to broaden employment opportunities: CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support, CHC43115 Certificate IV in Disability or CHC43415 Certificate IV in Leisure and Health
At InterCare Training we want to ensure that you have a fun and enjoyable learning experience, it is because of this that we offer a range of flexible training delivery and assessment models to meet each individuals needs.
- Apply knowledge and skills gained through qualifications and / or previous experience to provide health administration support
- Report to and liaise with health care/medical professionals and other service agencies
- May work without direct supervision and may be required to supervise and / or coordinate a limited number of lower classified workers
Why study in the Community Services industry
InterCare video transcript: Why Study in the Community Services Industry
G: I went to work in the Service Industry because I care about people.
D: I chose this course as I wanted to help the community.
S: The most that I was hoping to achieve out of being in the Community Services area was certainly to give back to the community.
G: I come from IT background and that’s dealing mainly with machines and it’s getting closer to people.
D: I actually have a background in retail but I wanted to change my career. This was the best time for me to do it as the kids have got an older
S: I was in Sales and Marketing and Customer Service for the last 35 years. And back in January, I was laid off my job.
DN: They’ve got to that situation. Where, “What am I going to do?” “I’ve been doing this for 30 years. What am I going to do now?” All we can do is give them the options, give them me explanations that they made, give them the reassurance. And then the decision is up to them. But I tell them. They’ve got to have the passion for the industry.
JS: If I’m going to put my mother or my dad into care. If you are going to look after my parents but you don’t have emotionally, you don’t feel anything. There’s no point.
DN: If I train you, would I like you looking after somebody I love? And that’s always a good indication to me.
D: I’m happy now. I can go out and get the career that I’ve always wanted. To help people and help the community. Inter Care makes the transition such a breeze. It’s amazing.
S: For anyone that’s contemplating studying I certainly would say, go for it. You have the best support and the advice that I would give is certainly just give it a go. You won’t be disappointed.
Potential future job roles
This course prepares you to work in job roles such as:
|•||Health HR Supervisor||•||Health Services Supervisor|
|•||Medical Records Team Leader||•||Senior Clinical Coder|
There are no pre-requisite qualifications for entry into this qualification, InterCare Training will ensure Pre Training Review processes are in place to promote suitable and appropriate course enrolments and to protect prospective students prior to enrolling into this training product from being disadvantaged by the inability to meet the AQF level required.
Your HLT47315 Certificate IV in Health Administration will include the below:
- Total number of units = 14
- 6 core units
- 8 elective units
See full packaging requirements for HLT47315 Certificate IV in Health Administration (https://training.gov.au/training/details/hlt47315)
Pathways to employment
- Core unit theory and essential knowledge component is delivered in the classroom or via zoom (virtual class)
- The practical skills will be developed through dedicated lab days and practical simulations under supervision over a specified period of time
- Demonstration of knowledge through written answers and projects
- Demonstration of workplace skills and knowledge through practical exercises based around workplace activities
2. Support & post-training review
InterCare Alumni automatically access the benefits of our InterCare Staffing and Employment services and become priority candidates for roles being recruited for.